Have you ever fallen prey of any situation?
There could be many situations in our lives which have great impact on us. Here I am talking about the negative impact. Especially, because we feel that we could have helped others or ourselves in that situation but we just couldn’t or we didn’t because we were in a state of shock or because it happened so quickly that we just failed to act fast enough to respond or to prevent it.
Here are a few examples of such situations :-
- When someone tries to harm you or someone else on the road.
- When someone is just trying to run away after snatching someone’s bag in front of your eyes.
- When someone is teasing a girl and you are right behind them.
- When someone bullying you and you just couldn’t respond.
Often these situations leave a deep impact on us. We tend to feel sick for not being able to respond at the right time. The impact could be strong enough to make people go through depression as well. It may fade away with time, but the sick feeling comes back the moment we think of the situation again or if we are reminded of the same in any way.
The question now is, how do we deal with this post situation trauma? Here are a few suggestions :-
- We must not feel responsible for other person’s wrong doings.
- It may be wrong to think that we had complete control over the situation. We just couldn’t help, which is OK.
- Let us give it some time. It is known to heal all wounds.
- Talk to your closed ones about how you feel. Venting it out will release some pressure.
- Try to keep yourself engaged so that you don’t think too much about the same.
- Listening to music will surely help.
- Try not to stay alone as much as you can. Good company can keep you away from thinking too much.
I have been through such situations in my life and they haunted me for a long time. This is something close to my heart.
Please feel free to share, what you think about how to get over with the negative impact of such situations!
Thank you for reading